For 25 years, Susan and Don Cox and friends of The Christi Center (formerly For the Love of Christi) have been working to provide love, hope, comfort, and ongoing support to those who are adjusting to life after the death of a loved one, regardless of the circumstances; and to educate the community on grief and other concerns of the bereaved.
As we prepare for our Amplify Austin campaign, we’d love to share more information about our organization – where we’ve been, how we’re growing, future anticipated needs, and why we need your help! This is a look at how we’ve grown in our most recent years.
How We’ve Grown
- 25 years of providing love, hope, comfort and support to 75,000 grieving Central Texans
- A newly expanded building in Austin that provides dedicated space for our children and teen programs, additional group meeting rooms, and staff offices
- A satellite office in Georgetown that allows us to meet the growing need generated by Austin’s northward expansion
- Strong partnership with Austin Independent School District (AISD) that allows us to offer grief support groups at 5 to 7 schools a semester
- A partnership with Austin Recovery Center (ARC) to serve men and women in substance abuse recovery with grief issues
- Specialized groups to meet the needs of those who have lost loved ones to crime and suicide
- A new name that better reflects who we are and what we do
We are excited for how we’ve grown! But we aren’t stopping here…. there are still people who need our help!! In our next blog post in the “25 years” series, we’ll share information on our anticipated future growth needs and why we need your help.