Loss During COVID-19 Group
This is a group for adults who have lost a loved one to COVID-19 and those whose loss experience has been impacted by health restrictions and stay-at-home plans. Meets on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays.
The group is peer-support, where people who have also lost a loved one can connect and share with others who understand and is facilitated by a licensed clinical social worker. All grief services at The Christi Center are free of charge.
Above all, we want to assure you we are here for you. We continue to learn and develop ways for our community to stay connected, so that no one has to grieve alone.
Online Support for Adults
Almost all of the support groups we offered in-person have now moved online. We are hosting 24 loss-specific peer-support groups for adults each month, including:
- Monday Night Austin (breaks in small discussion groups for Loss of a Child/Grandchild, Loss of a Spouse/Partner, and Loss of a Parent, Sibling, or other Significant Loved One. Meets every Monday
- Monday Night Georgetown group (breaks into smaller discussion groups based on attendance.) Meets every Monday
- Tuesday Night Loss to Suicide group Meets every Tuesday.
- Wednesday Mixed Loss Group (all losses welcome) Meets every Wednesday
- Loss to Overdose (1st Tuesdays and 3rd Tuesdays)
- Crime Victims Loss group (2nd Tuesdays and 4th Tuesdays)
- Pregnancy and Infant Loss group (1st Tuesdays and 3rd Tuesdays)
- COVID group (2nd Wednesdays and 4th Wednesdays)
- Grupo en Español, Perdida General (2do Viernes y 4to Viernes) / General Loss group in Spanish (2nd Friday and 4th Friday)