The Christi Center offers groups to create community for those with shared experiences.
By connecting with others with shared experiences, you will be invited into a peer support group with those who have also experienced the death of a loved one. We offer support groups where you connect with others and find a safe space to explore the emotions that are part of the grief process. Led by a facilitator, you can also explore activities to help maintain a healthy relationship with your memories and loved one, and in community education so that we are all better equipped to help the grieving people in our lives.
You will receive the support of peers who can truly relate, from hearing how others have coped, and the realization that you are not alone in your experience of loss. Together, you can benefit from helpful guidance on how to manage and express your complex emotions in a healthy manner.
Understanding that grief does not have a cure, but requires ongoing maintenance, our services are available for however long they are needed, and are always free of charge.
Loss of a Child
Loss of a Partner/Spouse
Loss of a Parent or Sibling
Loss to Crime
Loss to Overdose
Loss to Suicide
Pregnancy & Infant Loss
Loss to or During COVID
Frequently Asked Questions
Peer support is the help and support that people with lived experience are able to give to one another. At The Christi Center, it means you will attend groups with others who have experienced similarities in their losses. Our adult groups are facilitated by trained volunteers, many of whom have also experienced a loss.
Peer support can be very effective in the healing process because group members not only empathize with and validate individual experiences, but also share their lived experience, knowledge and information, encouragement, and support.
Above all, we want to assure you we are here for you. We continue to learn and develop ways for our community to stay connected, so that no one has to grieve alone.
Group Support for Adults
Almost all of the support groups we offered in-person have now moved to both online and in-person. We are hosting 24 loss-specific peer-support groups for adults each month, including:
- Monday Night Austin (breaks in small discussion groups for Loss of a Child/Grandchild, Loss of a Spouse/Partner, and Loss of a Parent, Sibling, or other Significant Loved One)
- Meets online on the 1st and 3rd Mondays
- Meets in-person at the Austin office on the 2nd and 4th Mondays
- Monday Night Georgetown (breaks in small discussion groups for Loss of a Child/Grandchild, Loss of a Spouse/Partner, and Loss of a Parent, Sibling, or other Significant Loved One)
- Meets in-person in the Georgetown office on the 1st and 3rd Mondays
- Meets online on the 2nd and 4th Mondays
- Tuesday Night Loss to Suicide
- Meets online on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Tuesdays
- Meets in-person at the Austin office on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays
- Wednesday Mixed Loss Group (all losses welcome)
- Meets every Wednesday
- Meets online on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Wednesdays
- Meets in-person at the Austin office on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays
- Loss to Overdose
- 1st Tuesdays online
- 3rd Tuesdays in-person at the Austin office
- Crime Victims Loss group
- 2nd Tuesdays online
- 4th Tuesdays in-person at the Austin office
- Pregnancy and Infant Loss group
- 1st Tuesdays and 3rd Tuesdays online
- Loss to and during COVID group
- 2nd Wednesdays and 4th Wednesdays online
- Mixed Loss in Spanish/Grupo en Español, Perdida General
- 2do Viernes y 4to Viernes en linea
- Currently paused/en pausa